Intro

One girl's quest to step out of the boat and walk daily with her Savior

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Our calling

One thing that I've always heard singles complain about, one thing that I myself have often complained about, is that no one gets us.  We want to be in a relationship with someone because then someone would get us - they would understand us, they would empathize with us, they would know what makes us tick.

What they don't realize is that that's not a job that any mere mortal should be called upon to fulfill.  No human being could possibly know us completely - our idiosyncrasies, our hopes, our dreams, our flaws.  And that feeling of not being completely understood by someone - and accepted for who you are - is an awful feeling, a gnawing tugging ache that won't leave you alone.

We were not meant to live life feeling alone.  But there is one person and one person alone who can fill our emptiness, who can satisfy that innate desire of ours to be understood.  And that person is God.  The Bible says that He knew who we were even before we were born, that He knows what our lives would be like and who we would be before we were even formed in the womb.

Isn't that amazing?  He not only knows us intimately, inside and out - He created us inside and out.  Every little part of us, every triumph and failure, everything we love about ourselves and everything we hate....He knows them all.  And He loves us anyway.  He has called us anyway.  Our ugly, imperfect, rough vessels...He has a beautiful plan just for us.

Jeremiah 1:4-8
4 The word of the LORD came to me, saying, 5"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."  6"Alas, Sovereign LORD," I said, "I do not know how to speak; I am too young."  7But the LORD said to me, "Do not say, 'I am too young.'  You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you.  8 Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD.


No comments:

Post a Comment