Intro

One girl's quest to step out of the boat and walk daily with her Savior

Monday, March 12, 2012

Broken relationships

I often say, half-jokingly, that my life is a soap opera.  And, although I generally say it in jest, there is a ring of truth to that statement.  My life, it seems, has been once big series of relational drama and broken friendships.  I am the biggest drama magnet you've ever seen.

Which really, is quite an ironic statement, since I hate drama with a fiery passion.  And yet, it stills seems to follow me wherever I go.  As much as I disliked it, I had finally accepted it as a rather unfortunate but unavoidable fact of life.

But what if broken relationships were avoidable?  What if they were meant to be the exception, not the rule?  If you knew there was something you could do to save the relationship, would you do it?  Even if it was difficult, painful, or embarrassing?

God's word doesn't promise that we will always be happy with everyone in our life.  Relationships are not a yellow brick road with a skittle rainbow waiting for you at the other end.  They are sticky, messy, and uncomfortable.  But they are not impossible.  And in the end, they are worth all of the effort that they take to keep.

Do you have relationships in your life that you need to make right?  Someone you need to forgive who has wronged you?  Or perhaps you need to ask the forgiveness of someone that you have wronged?  Don't wait until tomorrow to do it.  Do it today.  Ask God to show you where to start, and just start.  I know it will be difficult.  I know it will be uncomfortable.  But it's worth it.  Don't wait another day to give or ask for forgiveness.  Don't allow excuses or finger-pointing to delay you.  Begin to heal those broken relationships today.



Mark 11:22-25
22 “Have faith in God,” Jesus answered. 23 “Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. 24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. 25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.”

No comments:

Post a Comment