Intro

One girl's quest to step out of the boat and walk daily with her Savior

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Jevohah-Jireh

I woke up this morning with the strands of Twenty-Three, by Scott Krippayne, reverberating in my head.  Twenty-Three is really just quoting the twenty-third Psalm (which I have pasted at the bottom of this blog).  I just think this is such a beautiful picture of God's provision - it's one of my favorite chapters in the entire Bible.  My favorite name of the Lord for years has been Jehovah-Jireh, the LORD provides.  Just look at everything He provides for us, even in this one chapter!  He gives us food, rest, direction, safety, and comfort.  He refreshes our souls.  His goodness and love will never leave us.  He promises us a home with Him forever.  How amazing is my God!! 

It's amazing how much happier I am now that I've been daily in God's word.  Before I started this blog, I was often spotty with my quiet times.  And even when I read the Word, there were many times when I rushed through it and didn't really get what God was trying to tell me.  I think as a result of that, I was starting to really dislike myself.  That is what happens when we find our identity in ourselves instead of God - we will always come up lacking.  But thank the LORD, "in our weakness He in strong!" (2 Corinthians 12:9)  And now that I'm finally starting to understand that, I'm so much more complete than I ever was in my own strength.

A friend of mind sent me a great picture the other day, which I have put below this paragraph.  It was meant to be funny, but I saw it as an example of God's love and mercy.  Whether we look at ourselves as a glass half full or a glass half empty, we will always be lacking.  But God fills up the other half of the glass.  He completes us, makes us whole.  I am starting to see now just how much bigger He is than I could ever be by myself.  But you know what?  I'm OK with that.  Because you know the greatest part about God's bigness?  Every single ounce of His being is crazy about me, and He will always be my Jehovah-Jireh.



PSALM 23 
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.  2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters, 3 he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths
 for his name’s sake. 4 Even though I walk through the darkest valley,[a] I will fear no evil,
   for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 5 You prepare a table before me
   in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 6 Surely your
 goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
   forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment