Intro

One girl's quest to step out of the boat and walk daily with her Savior

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

In love with Love

So I've been talking a lot lately about being a lukewarm Christian.  And, if you're anything like me, you were probably convicted by some of the stuff that I said.  But if you're anything like me, you were probably also left scratching your head and perhaps even more than a little bit nervous.

OK, so I'm a lukewarm Christian...now what??  So I know that I don't read the Bible like I should...how do I fix that??  The whole reason that we're lukewarm is because we're not in love with God like He wants us to be.  But how do we fall in love with Him?  We can't just wake up one day and decide, "ok, I love Jesus now!"  And no matter how long we force ourselves to pray, how often we try to read the Bible, it just doesn't feel...real.  Does that sound familiar?  I was talking about my own life, but I'm sure that many of you could also relate to those feelings of distance and discouragement.

But the key to loving God is not forcing yourself to do the right things.  It's not cleaning up your act on your own, and hoping that that will be enough to make you love Him.  Falling in love with Jesus has nothing to do with trying harder.  It is, in fact, just the opposite.  It has nothing to do with you earning God's love, and everything to do with just accepting it.

God loves you now, just as you are - with all of your faults, flaws, and shortcomings.  He has loved you since before you were born, and He wants nothing more than to romance Him.  All you have to do is to let Him.  He says that He is standing outside, just waiting for us to let Him in.  Ohhh, how He wants to come in.

So start small.  Don't assume that you will become a mighty prayer warrior overnight.  But say a few words to Him every day.  The more you talk to Him, the more you'll hear Him; the more you hear Him, the more you'll love Him; and the more you love Him, the more you will want to talk to Him.  It's a beautiful cycle.  It may seem daunting at first; but God is love, and He will not disappoint.  So go ahead, take the plunge!  Start a conversation with God today, and starting falling in love with Love.


Revelation 3:19-22

19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. 20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.
   21 To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”




No comments:

Post a Comment