Intro

One girl's quest to step out of the boat and walk daily with her Savior

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Reevaluate

Have you ever wanted something so badly, with such a single-minded focus, that you kind of lose touch on reality?  Ever been so blinded by emotions that you lose your ability to think rationally?  Deep desires of the heart are normal – we’ve been created to experience passion.  But when your existence becomes marked by that one desire, by that desperate wish to have that prayer answered, that problem solved, or that issue taken care of, then you find that you have started to lose touch on reality.

I can totally relate to this.  For many weeks now, my sole hearts cry has been that God would relieve me of my difficult situation in my homestay.  Well today, rather out of the blue, He did just that.  And I’m kind of left spinning in the dust, wondering what happened.  I am starting to realize that my happiness was not linked to where I lived, but rather my perspective on life. 
So now the question is this: now that my whole life has changed, now that I thought I got what I wanted, how do I find contentment if it’s not what I was expecting?   How do I feel fulfilled when life hasn’t turned out the way that I want it to? 

The key is to make sure that you’re asking the right questions.  The Bible does not hand us a blank check and say, “ask away!”  We cannot ask for anything and be sure that we will get it, or even that it will be good for us if we DO get it.  But we ARE promised that if we ask for something according to His will, that He will hear us.  So if you’re feeling frustrated, stuck in the same old prayer rut asking for the same old thing, and He’s still not answering you, then maybe it’s time to reevaluate yourself…perhaps you’re asking for the wrong things.  

1 John 5:14-15
This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.  And if we know that He hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment