Intro

One girl's quest to step out of the boat and walk daily with her Savior

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Words, words, words

My life has become one big running journal.  I wake up in the morning wondering what I'm going to write about in my devotional blog.  Things happen to me and I formulate how I will write the story in my head.  I jot down lists at work, update blogs at home, and scribble notes to myself all day long.  Part of me loves it.  I love writing down my thoughts, preserving them for posterity, knowing that my thoughts and experiences will be remembered long after they leave my own memory.

But the other part of me wonders if they're worth being remembered.  Am I saying something that matters?  Something that will truly affect people?  Something that makes a difference?  Or am I just wasting peoples' time - including my own?  To quote the Bard, am I just spewing "words, words, words?" 

I still don't know what I want to do with my life.  But I do know for a fact that I want to live a life of significance.  I want to do something worth doing with my life.  The Bible says that many words mark the speech of a fool.  So when you have something to say, make sure that it's worth saying.  Don't just spew words out.  Make them count.


Ecclesiastes 5:1-3
1 Guard your steps when you go to the house of God. 
Go near to listen rather than to offer the sacrifice of fools, 
who do not know that they do wrong.
 2 Do not be quick with your mouth,
   do not be hasty in your heart
   to utter anything before God.
God is in heaven
   and you are on earth,
   so let your words be few.
3 A dream comes when there are many cares,
   and many words mark the speech of a fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment