Intro

One girl's quest to step out of the boat and walk daily with her Savior

Thursday, October 6, 2011

What's in store...

I started reading "Simply Salsa," by Janet Eckles, today.  It is a book about letting God teach you how to love life, no matter what it throws at you.  Early on in the book, she spoke about how God changed her after she lost her vision.  "But God whispered, 'Seek me first, love me first, long for me first, and fill your heart with me first; then you'll see what I have in store for you."

Tomorrow I'm going to begin the process of finding a new homestay family to live with for the duration of my time here in Korea.  My current one has become unbearable.  I don't know what He has in store for me.  It's scary and overwhelming and more than a little sad.  But I take comfort in the fact that God knows, and He's looking forward to showing me.  But He also wants my priorities to be in order, and until I'm focused on Him, He will not take me to the next phase in my life.

"Seek me first, love me first, long for me first...."  I love the fact that the woman who penned these words wrote them in reference to her experience with sudden blindness.  God offers comfort even in the worst of times.  And goodness gracious, if He can comfort her in the loss of her eyesight, He can surely comfort me in my time of transition.  I mean, at least I still have all of my senses! :)


Psalm 55:22
22 Cast your cares on the LORD
   and he will sustain you;
he will never let
   the righteous be shaken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment