Intro

One girl's quest to step out of the boat and walk daily with her Savior

Monday, October 31, 2011

Whoever has ears, let him hear

I remember when I was younger, I used to dread the question, "so what has God been teaching you lately?"  I grew up in the church, and all of my friends were Christians, too, so it was a very natural question to come up in my normal, day-to-day conversation.

But I hated it.  I hate it because I knew that I should have an easy answer to it - but so often, I didn't.  I should have been able to tell what God was teaching me - but far too frequently, I didn't have a clue.  And so that question was always associated in my mind with a stricken conscience and feelings of guilt or inadequacy.

But these days, I don't dread that question anymore.  Perhaps it's because I've finally learned to listen.  All of those years I read the words of the Bible, I heard the sermons of the pastors....but I didn't really understand.  They weren't sinking in like they were supposed to.  But nowadays, it all seems to make so much more sense.  And I don't dread that question anymore because I actually AM learning things from the Lord.  I can answer it now.  It's amazing what can happen when God opens your eyes.

Mark 4:9-12
 9 Then Jesus said, “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.”
 10 When he was alone, the Twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables. 11 He told them, “The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables 12 so that, “‘they may be ever seeing but never perceiving,  and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!’”

No comments:

Post a Comment