Intro

One girl's quest to step out of the boat and walk daily with her Savior

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Back to the basics

I had an interesting day today.  I met my friend, Sarah, outside in the morning before breakfast for a little devotional / Bible study.  We're going to try to continue it every day for the rest of orientation.  It was wonderful to have a quiet time, an accountability partner, a time of prayer before I started my day.  And, although the rest of my day is pretty hazy from a lack of sleep, it was also punctuated by a wonderful peace - the Lord's peace, the peace that passes all understanding.

One thing that I am learning, that God has constantly been underscoring the past few days, is that He really does know me better than even I know myself.  He knows exactly what we need, and if we let Him, He will never fail to give it to us exactly when we need it.  He longs to wrap us up in His big, wonderful, loving arms.  He yearns to comfort us when we are hurt, to wipe every tear from our eyes.

We get so worked up about all of the little things, all of the details of life, that we forget about the purpose of life, the Creator of life.  But He never forgets about us.  Open up to Him.  He already knows your inmost being, anyway.  But if you willingly let Him in, He will show you a life that you've never even dreamed of before.  It's simple, really.  God made us.  The creator always knows His creations better than anyone else, and he always loves them more than anyone else does, as well.  So let your Creator love you.  Let Him care for you.  Get back to the basics. 

Psalm 139:1-6
 1 You have searched me, LORD, and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue you, LORD, know it completely.
5 You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,  too lofty for me to attain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment