Intro

One girl's quest to step out of the boat and walk daily with her Savior

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Prayer in all things

Last night I had a horrible headache.  We started sparring in Taekwondo, and let's just say that it didn't go so well for me.  My back muscles were all knotted up, my neck was tight, and my head was killing me.  I muscled through it for most of the day, but by the time I sat down last night to study it was pretty bad.

But when I was studying, I was reminded of the importance of prayer.  I commented to my study partner how much my back was hurting me, and the first thing that she asked was if I wanted to pray about it.  It was so cool to see that prayer was her very first go-to reaction, and also very convicting to be reminded that it is not my go-to reaction.

But anyway, we prayed for my back right then and there.  And almost instantly, the pain went away.  Now don't get me wrong, I know that God does not always work instantaneously.  But it was so encouraging to see Him work so quickly and so faithfully.  The Bible says to bring your requests to God in EVERY situation.  Not just the big ones.  Not just the ones that affect a lot of people.  Not just the ones that you've been thinking about for a while.  Every situation.  And, although you might not get the answer you want every time, His peace will always be with you.  That's a promise.


Philippians 4:4-7
 4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment