Intro

One girl's quest to step out of the boat and walk daily with her Savior

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Trust in Him

Well I got my placement today.  I will spend the next year of my life teaching in an all-girls' private high school in Gyeongju, a mid-sized town on the coast of South Korea.  And I'm trying to remind myself that God knows best.

About a week ago, we had to submit placement preference forms.  And I did not get anything that I requested.  I did not get the location, or the type of school, or the gender, or the proximity to other ETAs, or literally anything.  The hardest thing for me is probably going to be so far away from the ETAs that I've grown to be really close with over the past few weeks.

But I have also been praying constantly since I submitted that form that God would put me where He wants me to be.  And I can't help but feel, that He's really waiting for me to just see how I will react.  I went into the placement ceremony with a strange peace, an unnatural peace.  All of the other ETAs were nervous, jittery, on edge....but I was not.  I had basically decided that my year would be what I made of it, no matter where I was placed.

But that was before I was placed.  And now I'm really struggling with accepting God's word.  Especially with Sarah; I feel like I've just found a precious treasure in the form of a like-minded Christian friend, and in two short weeks it's going to be snatched from me again - Sarah has been placed 5 miles from the DMZ, just about as far away from me as possible.

But 1 Corinthians reminds me that even God's weakness is stronger than my strength.  The prayer of my heart since I got here had been that God would put me where He wants me, with the people He wants me around.  So here we go....now it's time to put my words into action.  Is that really what I want?  Or do I just want to think that it's what I want?  Trust in Him, even if it doesn't make sense.  He really does know best, and He really does care for you, and He really will work everything out for you if you let Him.

1 Corinthians 1:20-25
 20 Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 22 Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24 but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.

1 comment:

  1. Stay strong!!! God knows what He's doing, and I bet if you look back on other times when things didn't go "as planned" - that they ended with wonderful experiences.
    <3

    ReplyDelete