Intro

One girl's quest to step out of the boat and walk daily with her Savior

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Timely reminders

I was up far too late last night working on a lesson plan that's due today.  This morning when I woke up, I instantly realized that I was going to pay dearly for that decision.  I'm sore and achy and can barely keep my eyes open, and yet I still face 4 hours of Korean language class and 4 hours of teaching workshops.  With my minimal strength, I already feel overwhelmed. 

So today I went looking for encouragement in God's word, the best pick-me-up you could ever find.  I stumbled across this little gem tucked away in 1 Chronicles.  It's so beautiful to me.  A big reason as to why I was up so late is because I chose to take 2 hours off of studying to go to a Bible study.  But it was so worth it.  There is a reason that God says that fellowship with other believers is so important.  We lift each other up and encourage them when times get difficult, which I really needed last night.

So anyway, this passage (especially verse 11) reminded me to seek the LORD first above everything else, and He will give you the strength you need when you have none of your own.  What a timely reminder from the God who is the King of perfect timing :).

1 Chronicles 16:8-11
8 Give praise to the LORD, proclaim his name;
   make known among the nations what he has done.
9 Sing to him, sing praise to him;
   tell of all his wonderful acts.
10 Glory in his holy name;
   let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice.
11 Look to the LORD and his strength;
   seek his face always. 

No comments:

Post a Comment