Intro

One girl's quest to step out of the boat and walk daily with her Savior

Sunday, July 31, 2011

He knits us together

I watched the Tim Burton version of Alice in Wonderland, starring Johnny Depp, tonight.  I have to say, the Tim Burton and Johnny Depp duo is a veryyy strange combination.  Talking animals, strange plants, fantastic creatures, and impossible places are very much the norm for them, and Alice in Wonderland was no exception.

But Tim Burton's creativity can't hold a candle to the Lord's.  I looked up some pictures of a few of the weirdest animals to be found - what a sight!  To think that the One who thought up these creatures also thought up me is a rather humbling thought.  Because the thing is, every strange or unfathomable feature on these animals serves a distinct purpose.  And the Lord says that we are worth so much more to Him than the animals - if He took such care to fashion them, therefore, how much more painstakingly must we have been created!

There is not a single detail on your body that God didn't know about before you were born.  There is not a single blemish that He doesn't love and think is beautiful.  Not a single random useless talent, nor a single weakness that doesn't serve a purpose.  We are fearfully and wonderfully made.  No matter what society thinks, no matter what your family, friends, or even you think; God thinks you a wonderful.  And He created you,  wonderful, beautiful, fantastic, complex you, to be you - just the way you are.



Psalm 139:13-16
13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place,
   when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me 
were written in your book before one of them came to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment