Intro

One girl's quest to step out of the boat and walk daily with her Savior

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Carpe diem

Today I started looking back at the notes that I have written.  As of today, I have been writing in this blog every single day for exactly 4 months.  When I saw that, I was utterly astonished.  It feels like I've just started.  Sure, some days have been hard, some days have been fun, some days have been deep, some have been rushed; but all in all, it's been a really incredible experience.  I guess the old saying, "time flies when you're having fun" really is true.

Or maybe we just have a strange perception of time.  I went back and read my first entry, and I remembered how terrified I was of the thought of writing something every single day for an entire year - one year, that was my goal.  And now here I am, already 1/3 of the way finished.  And I wonder where the time went.  So many times I struggle to get through what feels like absolutely interminable days, only to wake up one day and realize that years have gone by. 

So often we're so busy looking into the future that we forget to notice the present.  We plan our lives months and years in advance - what college we're going to go to, who we'll marry, what we'll do for a living, where we'll live.  We spent so much time planning for the next step that we miss the beauty that's happening right under our noses.

But God wants us to live in the present.  He is the creator and master of time.  He controls it, and He can bend it to serve His will.  We, plain and simple, can not.  But we can serve others - and Him.  So stop trying to guess what your future will bring.  Stop trying to manipulate the time you've been given and just enjoy the time you have right now.  He'll take care of the rest.


2 Peter 3:8-9
 8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. 

1 comment:

  1. Just keep doing your best, And pray that it's blessed, And Jesus takes care of the rest. Yes the Lord said that He'd take care of the rest, He's gonna do it, He'll take care of the rest, He'll see you through it, He'll take care of the rest... Keith Green

    Your post reminded me of the song. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete