Intro

One girl's quest to step out of the boat and walk daily with her Savior

Friday, July 29, 2011

His yoke is easy

Today has been an awful day.  I've been nauseous, headachey, exhausted, and feverish, switching in a second from burning up to freezing cold.  Korean classes today were interminable - my head felt like it was stuffed with cotton balls, and I couldn't focus no matter how hard I triedEvery spare minute I had - which wasn't many - I spent sleeping.  All I want to do right now is crawl up into my little hole and never come out.

So anyway, tonight I was down with Sarah, my Bible study partner, to read some out of the book of Matthew.  We just happened to be in chapter 11.  The last few verse of the chapter tell the weary to "come to Him, for He will give them rest."  What a wonderful encouragement!!

God knows that we will get tired.  He knows that the stresses and worries of life will get us down.  But He also knows that He can - and will - sustain us.  So I encourage you, if you are worried or stressed out, if you are down in the dumps, whether it be physically, emotionally, spiritually, or all of the above, to take the Lord's yoke upon you.  Come to Him, because He longs to give you rest.  Let Him do it.  Bring your troubles and pains to the Great Physician, and let Him revive and heal you.


Matthew 11:28-30 
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

No comments:

Post a Comment