Intro

One girl's quest to step out of the boat and walk daily with her Savior

Monday, June 20, 2011

Be bold

At church this morning, my pastor spoke of an interview with a preacher in Asia.  When the interviewer asked the man what he wanted them to pray for, his answer was that God would send them more persecution.  He said that Christians in his country had gotten too soft, and had stopped living by faith.  He asked us to pray for forgiveness, not for themselves, but for their grandparents, who had not lived out their faith boldly enough during their time, and now their children were paying the price of living in a society of tolerance and relaxed morals.  And then my pastor said something that arrested me: he said, "what if the society that our children have to live in is our fault?"

Religion is not a private matter.  God has called us to lead lives of faith, not fear; of conviction, not compromise.  And when we don't do that, then God will send judgement like that found in the beginning of Habakkuk chapter 1.  I was so convicted this morning.  My preparations for going to South Korea have been marked by almost nothing else other than fear.  But God has called me to something higher than that.  I don't want my silence to be responsible for the decay of a nation.  I can't let my fear of the unknown to rob me of God's calling on my life.  So here's today's challenge: live out your faith loudly.  Don't let fear take hold of your life.  Be bold!

 Habakkuk 1:2-4
2 How long, LORD, must I call for help, but you do not listen?
Or cry out to you, “Violence!” but you do not save?
3 Why do you make me look at injustice? Why do you tolerate wrongdoing?
Destruction and violence are before me; there is strife, and conflict abounds.
4 Therefore the law is paralyzed, and justice never prevails.
The wicked hem in the righteous, so that justice is perverted.

No comments:

Post a Comment