Intro

One girl's quest to step out of the boat and walk daily with her Savior

Sunday, June 5, 2011

The stars are talking

I remember when I was little I would take a blanket out to the backyard at night and lie down on it to look at the stars.  On a clear, cloudless night, you could see thousands of them.  As I studied them and learned more about them, I began to recognize them.  I took comfort in the ability to recognize my old friends, the constellations that always looked over me while I was sleeping.

But then I started traveling, and one night I looked out my window again.  All of my old friends had disappeared.  The stars were still there, but I could not recognize them.  It was as if I'd stepped into another planet.

That's what God wants us to be like with Him.  As we study Him and learn His word, we will become comfortable with His and able to trust Him.  But there is always more to discover about God, and when we travel forward in our walk with Him, He will reveal new facets of His personality to us - something we've never seen before.  That's one of the many things I love about God - I'm never bored by Him.  He can always surprise me.  And, just like the sparkling, winking, mysterious stars that look over my bed every night, He never ceases to captivate my interest and attention. 

Psalm 19:1-6
1 The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
2 Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge.
3 They have no speech, they use no words; no sound is heard from them.
4 Yet their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.
In the heavens God has pitched a tent for the sun. 5 It is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber,
like a champion rejoicing to run his course. 6 It rises at one end of the heavens
and makes its circuit to the other; nothing is deprived of its warmth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment