Intro

One girl's quest to step out of the boat and walk daily with her Savior

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Don't forget


I like to keep a travel blog to document my adventures around the world.  It’s been over six months – since I got back from studying in Spain – since I’ve updated it.  Well today, in honor of my imminent departure to a far-flung country, today I decided to write another entry in that blog.
I wasn’t writing, however, about my adventures in South Korea.  I was writing about my adventures here, on my home turf.  I wrote about the fun I’ve had with my friends and family, and what I’ve done to get ready to leave, and most importantly about the provision of my God.  As I was writing, I began to mourn for the many years of my life that passed in silence, without a single word written to remember them with. 
I know that there are so many things that I didn’t write about when I was young that are lost forever now.  My fears, hopes, triumphs, and struggles – they are lost to memory forever.  That’s why it’s so important to document what happens in our lives.  And not just the big things – it’s the summation of the little things that makes a life worthwhile. 
God wants us to do the same thing with Him.  He has told us to tell what He has done to our children, so that we don’t forget.  Humans have notoriously short memories.  If we don’t write down what He has done in our lives, and tell to others how He has blessed us, we will forget.  Don’t forget.  Keep God always in the forefront of your mind, so that you will always remember how much He has blessed you, how He has always looked out for you and, most importantly, how incredibly much He loves you.

Deuteronomy 4:9

Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.

No comments:

Post a Comment