Intro

One girl's quest to step out of the boat and walk daily with her Savior

Monday, June 20, 2011

By His bruises

This morning has been a fiasco, and it's not even 8 o'clock yet.  Last night my little sister couldn't sleep, and kept coming into my room asking if she could sleep with me.  Well then this morning, I wake up to her with a high fever, and my brother throwing up all over the house.  It has been a difficult day already, one that leaves me wondering how on earth I will make it until evening.

So I turned to my Bible for comfort, to the Great Physician.  He has the power to heal all of our illnesses; in fact, He's already done so.  I find it interesting that it was only after I prayed with and for my sister last night that she was finally able to go to sleep for the rest of the night.  Of course it made sense, but then it also made me wonder why I hadn't thought of it before 4:00 in the morning!

But God doesn't just heal physical diseases - He heals spiritual ones, as well.  There was a time in my life when I looked as healthy as an ox (I've never really understood that expression), but inside was a completely different story.  So today will be both a prayer and a praise for me.  I will pray for healing in the lives of my siblings - that their sickness will pass, that their strength will return, and that God will make them whole again.

But I will also praise God for how He has healed my heart and my soul.  He has given me a new lease on life.  I feel rather feline - except He's given me many more than 9 chances, and every time He does it's more wonderful than the last.  Praise God for His mercies that are made new every morning!

Isaiah 53:4-5
Surely he has borne our infirmities and carried our diseases; yet we accounted him stricken, struck down by God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the punishment that made us whole, and by his bruises we are whole.

Exodus 23:25
You shall worship the Lord your God, and I will bless your bread and your water; and I will take sickness away from among you.

No comments:

Post a Comment