Intro

One girl's quest to step out of the boat and walk daily with her Savior

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A season for everything

I went to a wedding last night of two dancer friends that I had made from Berry.  It was beautiful.  They are the cutest couple, absolutely made for each other.  The ceremony was lovely, the weather perfect, the food delicious, the catching up with old friends sublime, and the dancing enchanting.  But through it all, I just kept thinking about how many people are getting hitched these days.

June is a season of weddings.  Everywhere you look, there are people getting married.  Every commercial break on TV has ads for some sort of bridal merchandise.  Hardly a week goes by that I don't receive a wedding invitation in the mail.  And every day, I think about the season that I'm in.  I'm going off on my own, to the other side of the world, for an entire year.  Wedding bells are not on my horizon anytime soon.  But oh, I want them to be.

So the Lord gently reminds me that there is a season for everything.  He has placed all of us in the situations that we are in for a reason.  Even if we don't like where we are or want to be there, that's where He wants us.  I don't want to go to South Korea.  I don't want to be alone anymore.  I DO want to be married.  But God has other plans for me.  And, if past experience serves as any indication, then I know that following God's seasons for my life will always be the better choice.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:
2 a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, 
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment