Intro

One girl's quest to step out of the boat and walk daily with her Savior

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Alive in Christ


A friend of mine told me today about a neighbor of hers who committed suicide a few weeks ago.  The story just about broke my heart.  I truly cannot imagine the depths of despair that a human being must come to, for them to be unable to find anything in this life worth living for.
But then I thought to myself…how many of us are simply walking corpses?  The first few verses of Ephesians 2 talk about how our sins have killed us, and how God’s grace is what makes us alive again, through Christ Jesus. 
What powerful imagery!!  I’m not one for frightening horror movies, but when I read these verses I picture entire cities full of zombies, with God’s redeemed fighting valiantly among them.  The scariest thing to me, is that most people can’t tell who are the zombies and who are the people. 
But I suppose, in the end, it doesn’t really matter.  We have been called to save the lost; but when our hourglass runs out, the only person whose destination we will know for sure is our own.  So here’s the question for today: have you been made alive in Christ?  Or are you still a walking dead?  I pray with every fiber of my being that you are the former.  Life is too precious a thing to experience it as a dead man.

No comments:

Post a Comment