Intro

One girl's quest to step out of the boat and walk daily with her Savior

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Bigger than the signs of the times

Matthew 24 is an oft-cited chapter about the end of times.  Many people have attempted to interpret its prophecies to predict the end of the world.  And it's difficult sometimes, with killer tornadoes and tsunamis and nuclear meltdowns and terrorism and war ripping through our planet, to not pay heed to the signs that the Bible mentions about the end times.

But what if we are not really supposed to be looking for the signs?  What if what He really wants us to look for is Him?  Dear friends of my family lost their home during the tornadoes that ripped through Georgia and Alabama last month.  Some of their neighbors, who also lost their homes, have been questioning God, asking what they have done to deserve such horrible things happening to them?  But our friends have a different outlook.  They say that God has not punished them; rather, in His great mercy He has spared them, and they can't wait to see the testimony that will come as a result of all of this.

When tragedy rocks my universe, when all of the signs point to the end of the world, I want, like my friends, to be focused on God.  To be so wrapped up in Who He is that it doesn't matter what's going on around you.  God loves me, and that's all that matters.  I want to look for Him, not the signs of the times.  He is my Comforter, my All in All, my firm foundation and my Rock.  No matter what you're going through, He'll get you through it if you put your faith in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment