Intro

One girl's quest to step out of the boat and walk daily with her Savior

Friday, May 27, 2011

He renews our minds

I had a difficult day controlling my temper.  The waitress, the cashier, my friends and family, they all got the short end of my temper today.  As I sat today reading my Bible and repenting, I was reminded that God is the One who makes us new.  As we trust in Him, He will renew our minds and hearts and make us more and more like Him.

Today I was reminded of how far I have to go.  I can understand why Paul, whom we all look up to as a hero of the faith, considered himself "the least" of the early Christians.  Not that I am in any way trying to compare myself to Paul; but he understood that the better we know Jesus, the more we realize how far we have to go.

I thank God every day - especially today - that His mercies are new every morning, and that we can wake up renewed and refreshed in Him every day - no matter what's happened the day before.  Now that's something worth celebrating :).


Romans 12:2 
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Ephesians 3:17-19
Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God. (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment