Intro

One girl's quest to step out of the boat and walk daily with her Savior

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Plan B

The past few months I've been inundated by schizophrenic feelings of going to South Korea.  It's exciting, but at the same time, completely overwhelming.  It's on the other side of the world....how will I communicate and learn the language?....I won't know anyone over there....I will miss so much back here at home....I want to settle down....blah, blah, blah.  But God has truly given me such wonderful confirmation since I got that life-changing acceptance letter back at the end of March.  People I've never even met have called me or emailed me, offering help and the succor of their own personal experiences to calm my nerves.  I was invited, rather out of the blue, to a dinner of the Korea-America friendship society.  Everything has been falling into place so perfectly.  And, most of all, I've got a peace about it.

Well today I found out that someone I know from Berry - let's call this person Taylor; it's a nice gender neutral name :) - will be traveling to South Korea on the exact same mission that I will be doing.  And my stomach is doing flip-flops.  There has been infinitely more than the usual amount of drama between Taylor and myself over the last four years.  If I had to choose between knowing no one in South Korea when I go over there, and knowing only Taylor, I would choose knowing no one any day of the week.

I was really hoping to leave all of this drama behind me when I graduated - it would be one of the few positive things about leaving Berry College :(.  But that does not seem to be an option.  So I must move on to plan B.

Isaiah 26 is my plan B.  My soul with find peace and rest in God alone.  He is the Author and Perfector of my faith, and His opinion is the only one that matters.  That's such a relief to me!  It doesn't matter what other people think about you, say to you, or do to you.  The only thing that matters is your Heavenly Father.  Whew!  I love that.  I've put just a few of my favorite verse from Isaiah 26 below.  To God be all the glory!

Isaiah 26

3 You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.
4 Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal. 
 7 The path of the righteous is level; you, the Upright One, make the way of the righteous smooth.
8 Yes, LORD, walking in the way of your laws, we wait for you;
your name and renown are the desire of our hearts.
9 My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you. 
12 LORD, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment