Intro

One girl's quest to step out of the boat and walk daily with her Savior

Monday, May 9, 2011

A life of faith

The shock from Saturday is starting to wear off.  And so I'm left wondering..."now what?"  Berry has been my life for the last four years.  I have worked, lived, laughed, cried, bled and sweat on that campus.  I've made wonderful friends - and lost a few of them - grown in the Lord, and experienced things I never thought possible.  When nothing in life seemed to be going right, I could always sneak away with my Bible to some hidden corner in the 26,000 acres of the Berry College campus and spend some time reading and praying and relaxing, and then I knew that everything would be ok.

But now I feel lost.  What do I do now??  Sure, I know that I'll be going to South Korea in 7 weeks.  But what do I do until then?  And even after I get there?  I was impressed this morning in my quiet time about the importance of faith.  Faith has always been sort of a "catch-phrase" for me - I say I know it's important, but only because I know that's what I'm supposed to say.  But what does that really mean, to live by faith?

Faith is trusting in what we cannot see.  It is not hoping that things will work out.  It should not be having faith in faith itself.  Faith is only as good as its object.  So what should a life based on faith in God look like?  Faith calls us to walk in the power of the Spirit.  It calls us to stand on the truth of God's word.  And it causes us to kneel in humility before the Lord.  In the end, there are only three people we can be living to please - ourselves, others, or God.

Seeking God's face and developing a faith-led life will undoubtedly take me my entire lifetime, not just the next seven weeks.  But now's as good a time as ever to start!! :)  Job 5:8-9 says, "But as for me, I would seek God, and I would place my cause before God; who does great things, wonders without number."  Psalm 9:10 - "And those who know Your name will put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You."  Psalm 24:6 - "This is the generation of those seek Him, who seek Your face, O God of Jacob."  Matthew 6:33 - "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."  He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.  My goal in these next few weeks is to be among those people who do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment