Intro

One girl's quest to step out of the boat and walk daily with her Savior

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Finish the race strong

In Acts 21, Paul bids farewell to the church in Ephesus.  Verses 22, 24 say, "and now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there...however, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me - the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace."  Verse 22 is me right now.  I'm going to a faraway place, not having a clue as to what will happen to me there.  It's scary, overwhelming, and intimidating.

But then I go on to read verse 24.  Although I cannot say that verse 24 is exactly who I am, it IS who I want to be.  God has called us to spread His word into every corner of the earth - for me, that seems to have been a quite literal commandment.  I want nothing more than, when I die and go to meet my Maker, to be greeted with the words "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

We must remember that we are constantly in a battle.  Satan is not neutral, and neither should we be.  As I'm ending this chapter of my life and embarking on a new one, I cannot forget that.  But God also doesn't expect us to do it by ourselves.  He is there for us - even to the end of the age.  I pray that I remember that.  I pray that I finish my race strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment