Intro

One girl's quest to step out of the boat and walk daily with her Savior

Thursday, May 5, 2011

If He is for me, who can be against me?

My heart is overflowing right now with God's goodness.  Two nights ago I had dinner with some very dear friends, Kerrie and Barry touchstone.  She was the one who had led the Bible study on David that I went to this semester, and I grew very close to her over the course of these last few months.  Then today, I went to the airport and picked up my best friend Rachel, and spent the afternoon with her.  Then, in the evening, I had dinner and played games and watched a movie and just overall had a very grand time with Rachel and two other dear friends from college, Caroline and Emily.

As I sat this morning pondering God's goodness and praising Him for His steadfast mercy, I stumbled upon Psalm 91, which really hit home for me.  There are a few verses in particular that I want to point out.  "He who dwells in the shadow of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the LORD, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust" (vs 1-2).  "He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.  You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday" (vs 4-5).  "If you make the Most High your dwelling - even the LORD, who is my Refuge - then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.  For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways" (vs 9-11). 

Oh, what power does the word of the Lord have!!  These verses were such a comfort to me this morning.  I am still sad about leaving Berry.  I am still nervous about the future.  I will still miss my life here in Rome, and the dear, dear friends that I have made.  But through the companionship that I enjoyed these past few days, and the truth that I read in His word this morning, God is really showing me that He truly DOES have my life in His hands...and that He truly DOES care about me more than I could ever imagine.  He has given me the most amazing friends I could ever ask for, a rock-solid family, opportunities that most people could only dream of getting, and the courage (although sometimes I may call it stupidity :]) to take advantage of those opportunities.  He is in control.  He will never let me down.  I was really reminded this morning that everything truly IS going to be ok.  Through the thick and the thin, He has been there and He will be there.  My God is so great....if He is for me, who can be against me???

No comments:

Post a Comment