Intro

One girl's quest to step out of the boat and walk daily with her Savior

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

If my people...

There's alot of blame going around in this world nowadays.  We blame our problems on our parents, the school system, the drug dealers and prostitutes, the democrats, the republicans, the atheists, the terrorists, the hispanics, muslims, or blacks, even on occasion the weather.  But God is much more straightforward than that.  1 Chronicles 7:14 says, "if my people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from Heaven, and I will forgive their sins and heal their land."

God doesn't accept excuses.  The responsibility for the problems in our nation today lie squarely on our shoulders.  We cannot always be placing the blame on other people - we must first remove the log from our own eyes, before we remove the splinter from our neighbors' eyes (Matthew 7:5).  We are little Christs, and God expects up to act like that - loving and praying for others instead of accusing them, admitting our wrongs instead of ignoring them.

That sure sounds like a tall order to me!  But the best part is that God does not expect us to do that alone.  That's what Jesus is for!  Jesus has given us a new lease on life.  If we seek Him, He will align our priorities to where they need to be.  So my prayer today is this: I pray that God would break my heart with what breaks His heart.  I figure I can't go wrong if I care about the same things that the Creator of the Universe cares about! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment