Intro

One girl's quest to step out of the boat and walk daily with her Savior

Sunday, May 1, 2011

God is bigger

Psalm 104 is a beautiful Psalm.  The entire Psalm is dedicated to singing the Lord's praises, and showing how He takes care of what is His.  I know I've been harping on this theme for several days now, but this is my life right now, so you'll have to excuse me :).

He makes springs pour from the mountains, giving water to all the beasts of the field (vs. 11).  He gives homes to the birds of the air (vs. 12).  He feeds both men and cattle (vs. 14, 17).  He gives "wine that gladdens the heart, oil to make his face shine, and bread that sustains his heart" (vs. 15).  He is the Provider for all things living (vs. 27-30).

What a wonderful comfort!  Throughout everything, I can know that my Jehovah Jireh will provide.  He cares for us, and will never let us go.  The Psalmist ends the chapter with these words: "I will sing praise to the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to God as long as I live.  May my meditation be pleasing to Him, as I rejoice in the LORD" (vs. 33-34).  David had his fair share of hardships.  What a comfort to know that even when hard times come, God is big enough that we can praise Him anyway.  God is bigger than the troubles, no matter what they are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment