Intro

One girl's quest to step out of the boat and walk daily with her Savior

Saturday, May 14, 2011

The failure of our best-laid plans

So, starting yesterday morning, blogspot.com was down for over a day.  And it occurred to me, as I obsessively checked the website to see if it was up again so that I could post my blog for yesterday (Alive in Christ, which I finally got up this morning) that sometimes our best-laid plans fail.  I had studied the Word, written my blog, and was all ready to put it online.  Unfortunately, online was not ready for it.  It was very upsetting to me at first - I did not want to miss another day of blogging; I felt like it would be a black stain on my record, or something silly like that.

But then I remembered that the reason I'm writing this blog is not so that other people will be impressed with my diligence, or spirituality, or any such rot.  It is to honor the LORD Almighty.  One thing that I am ever grateful for is that God's best-laid plans are never frustrated.  He is never surprised.  Indeed, unless He blesses our endeavors, they will eventually fail, no matter how detailed or thorough the plans may be.

This was a sorely needed reminder today.  I was busy getting things ready for Korea - trying to sort out finances, find a short-term job, handle car and phone bills, make plans for what I'm going to do / where I'm going to be when I get there, ecetera.  But God gently reminded me that, no matter how overwhelmed I may be, He's got it all in His hands.  What a great thing to remember.

Psalm 127
 1 Unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the LORD watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain.
2 In vain you rise early and stay up late,
toiling for food to eat— for he grants sleep to those he loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment